What is the Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board is comprised of both Microsoft full-time employees and volunteer community leaders from around the world. Four (4) Microsoft full-time employees who have community management as a part of their core accountabilities and a long history of community leadership serve as the internal Steering Committee. Each Microsoft employee is also required to designate a delegate to ensure continuity for the Steering Committee in the long term.
From over 130 applicants, seven (7) external community leaders were appointed to initial 18-month Board Officer terms. Additionally, the initial four (4) regional leaders were also nominated to help spread the word, support Community Days events, and ensure global access to community resources.
Sub-committee structure will initially be based on the areas shown above
What the Community Advisory Board does
- Board members directly influence the direction of Microsoft community programs.
- Gather and amplify feedback from the community at large to the Microsoft Steering Committee and product leaders.
- Recruit regional leadership to ensure diverse perspectives and equitable access to resources.
- Provide support for community-driven events, including marketing, swag, logistics, speakers and playbooks.
- Direct User Group services, program resources, and awareness campaigns.
- Support a community-led, Microsoft-scaled website for event and User Group discovery, speaker bureau, and tools.
- Curate recommended best practices and training for community leaders.
Opportunities to participate
Our Community Advisory Board will be organized into regional areas and sub-committees, and we’d love to have you contribute. There is room for everyone in this inclusive and fun group. Bring your passion area and we’ll create space for your ideas, inspiration, and feedback! Sign up to participate in the General Sessions and volunteer today.Sign up
Meet the board
Solutions Architect, Microsoft and Unified Communications
Experts Inside AG
Cloud Solutions Architect
VP, Workforce Transformation & Learning
Oluwaseyi Oluwawumiju (Seyi)
Group Manager, Modern Workplace Architect
CEO – Evangelist of Automated, Business Delegated Office 365 governance
Co-Founder, Empowering Cloud & Solution Director
Thor Projects LLC
Senior Director of Hybrid Office & U.S. Operations
CEO, SW Teams Consulting GmbH
Co-Founder, Lead Architect, Board Member, run.events
Co-Founder, Deputy CEO, Lead Architect, KORTO
Co-founder, Board Member, ecs.events
President, Crush Networks, Inc.
Mexico & United States
Associate Vice President Technology Innovation
Texas State University
Principal Manager, Customer Advocacy Group
Microsoft Teams Engineering
Principal Manager, Community Success
Power Platform & Dynamics 365 Engineering
Global Community Events Manager