Welcome to 2023. We’ve jumped into the new year with enthusiasm and focus to help you get the most from the Microsoft community and our services. Let’s hop in to review some top-of-mind topics!
Community insights survey
We are only successful in our community and adoption support programs when you are! Help us understand what is top of mind for you by filling out our Community Insights Survey. It is open to all community members, no matter your technical depth or product area. It will remain open until Feb 15, 2023. We will be sharing the insights back with the community and through our Microsoft Global Community Initiative (MGCI). Your priorities will be influencing the work of our MGCI Board and the work we support throughout 2023.
Community spotlight – Share your story
The most important thing we can do is connect our customers with each other and professionals, inside and outside of Microsoft, to continue learning from each other’s experience. We love the natural conversation that happens in our global community calls for this very reason. To expand on this theme, we are asking you to share your implementation or adoption story with us. It doesn’t have to be a “success” story! Often, the most relevant lessons come from how we respond to challenges. Share with us how you built a solution, deployed, or managed a service, drove adoption or trained users… any technical topic is up for consideration. You can submit your story (aka.ms/CommunitySpotlight) and if selected we will contact you to schedule and interview and an opportunity to share your knowledge at one of our community calls.
Power Platform University hub
Higher education organizations can use self-paced, interactive learning materials at Power Platform University to accelerate the creation of low code/no code applications and process automations. Completely free, this content will increase the skill set of all students, no matter their area of study, to be able to use technology to land ideas, improve their skill set, and become more employable. Get started today here: Power Platform University Hub.
New tools and features
New content and features on adoption.microsoft.com
- Improvements and search upgrades to the Sample Solution Gallery, including deep linking of each search result for easy bookmarking and multi-product filtering.
- Viva Goals launched office hours as a resource to learn best practices, engage in peer learning, and get questions answered.
- Viva Connections published a recommended practices guide to their adoption resources library.
- Loop published new Day in the Life guides.
Champion Management Platform updates
- New approval options – ability to enable manager approvals for submitted champion activities. If enabled, you’ll now see a new admin tasks section specific for approving submitted activities.
- Customizing field names – you can now customize the display name of three of the standard fields that show up when submitting new champions: Region, Group, and Country.
- Tiered point badging – new ways to unlock Champion badges based on the number of points earned.
- Optional new integration with Power Automate and sending managers alerts of pending approvals through adaptive cards.
Company Communicator updates
- .NET upgrade from .NET core 3.1 to .NET 6.0.
- Updated Azure App Service app to use .NET 6.0.
- Updated Azure Function apps to use runtime version 4.x.
- Now capture the sender info in the Author app.
Where to connect
- CommunityDays.org – Find free, local events near you at the community hub designed by our community and powered by Microsoft. List your event today!
- Microsoft 365 Champions Call – Get monthly updates on new features across Microsoft 365 and the best ways to get folks to use them. Join our community to be a part of our monthly calls.
- Power Platform Community Call – Devoted to makers and business applications enthusiasts with deep dives and hot topics each month.
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community – This community has a series of calls each month to help you build useful productivity experiences.
- Microsoft Community Front Door – Get started with all our product communities at our new home page.
- Microsoft Global Community Initiative – Have your voice be heard, hear what Microsoft is supporting next, and meet other community members and organizer like yourself in our monthly community calls. Sign up for the newsletter & initiative here to receive the call details.